I'm all about sneaking in veggies into our foods lately. I'm going through Jessica Seinfeld's "Deceptively Delicious" cookbook right now. I'll have to post Holly's favs.
This one is from Giada's cookbook. I love this dish, and so did Holly and Steve! What a great way to sneak in spinach to your family's diet. You can make it in about 15 minutes start to finish, and I love using Barilla Plus pasta since you get an extra dose of protein (it's made with wheat flour and legumes) and omega-3s. You don't even have to cook the sauce, and it doesn't taste super spinachy. Steve actually thought it was broccoli. haha.
Penne With Spinach Sauce:
(4 main course servings or 6 side dish servings)
3/4 tsp salt
1 lb whole wheat pasta
3 garlic cloves
2 oz goat cheese (although I used feta and it tasted awesome)
1 oz cream cheese
1/2 tsp pepper
6 oz spinach leaves
grated parmesan cheese to garnish
Cook your penne according to directions on package, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
While the pasta cooks, mince garlic in food processor. Add goat cheese (or feta), creem cheese, salt, pepper, and spinach leaves. Blend until smooth and creamy. Drain pasta and add spinach sauce, toss to coat, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Seatson to taste w/salt and pepper. Garnish with parmesan cheese and serve.


No comments:
Post a Comment