Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ice cold

Poor Holly had an unfortunate event this evening. We all went out to eat for dinner with Steve's parents, and Holly was sitting in her highchair at the end of the table. Then when the waitress stopped by to bring us waters, she spilled a whole cup of ice water straight on top of Holly's head! I felt bad for her AND the poor waitress. Holly was SO shocked and drenched to the bone. Brrr! Thank goodness we had a spare outfit :)

4 comments:

SUE ANN said...

POOR LITTLE MISS HOLLY, I HOPE SHE DIDN'T GET HURT!!! I BET IT HURT MOM AND DAD JUST AS MUCH AT IT UPSET HER.
IT IS SURPRISING THE THINGS THAT CAN MAKE AN EVENT MEMORABLE, BUT WHERE ARE THE PIC'S.

LOVE YA BUNCHES,
MOM

Britta said...

Oh, so sad!!! I have a funnier story about the same thing... Once when Taiten was about 1 we were eating at denny's and he tried to drink out of daddy's ice water. Well, he somehow spilled it all over dad's pants and we had to wait over an hour for them to dry because it looked like he wet them!

Holly Lynn Hoogendyk said...

Yeah, no pictures of this incident . . . we were more concerned with settling her down and changing her into a warmer outfit

thejencooper said...

Oh my goodness! Poor thing. Sweet little Holly didn't know what hit her! I once took a sip of some cream soda while Evie was sitting in my lap and somehow I missed and ended up dumping soda onto Evie's shocked little face. I felt so bad.